Ok, so here is a dessert that really is so EASY to make, but so doesn’t look it. It is on the new (January 2015) Pampered Chef white pizza stone. I got this recipe from The Pampered Chef website. It is featured on all of their product inserts, website, etc so I had to give it a try. WOW!!!! It was super easy to make and tastes as great as it looks. It made a huge amount, so I will be calling people to come over and share! If you like German chocolate cake, or Almond Joys you will love this. 🙂
- INGREDIENTS (Recipe is copied from The Pampered Chef website.)
- 1 pkg (18-19 oz or 450 g) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pkg (14 oz/400 g) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 oz or 300 mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 pkg (2.25 oz) sliced almonds (about 2/3 cup/150 mL)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In Classic Batter Bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter onto White Large Round Stone with Handles, spreading evenly to edges (see Cook’s Tip).
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until brownie is set. (Do not overbake.) Remove stone from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
- In clean batter bowl, combine egg whites, coconut and sweetened condensed milk; mix well. Spread coconut mixture over top of brownie to within ¼-in. (6-mm) of edge. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges of coconut are deep golden brown. Remove stone from oven to cooling rack.
- In (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl, microwave chocolate morsels and oil, uncovered, on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Drizzle chocolate over pizza.
- Cut pizza into 16 wedges. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
16 servings of
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 450, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 230 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch, 2 fruit, 4 fat (4 carb)
Be sure to choose sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk, for this recipe. Sweetened condensed milk is a mixture of whole milk and sugar, which is heated to produce a very sticky, sweet mixture. It is typically used in baked goods, candies and pie fillings.
The brownie base can be baked earlier in the day and cooled. To finish the pizza, prepare recipe as directed in Steps 3-6.
If desired, 1 square ( 1ounce) semi-sweet chocolate for baking can be substituted for the semi-sweet chocolate morsels.